Fusion Homes is searching for an exceptionally talented and detail oriented professional to join our team as a Junior Residential Estimator.
To be successful at Fusion Homes, you must have an agile intellect, a practical mindset, the ability to take initiative and the aptitude to exceed expectations! As a Junior Residential Estimator, you will work to maintain competitive profitability and ensure quality standards are exceeded. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment with a high level of detail orientation, a keen willingness to learn and strong organizational skills.
- Review sales contracts for costing and budget accuracy, and correct system errors as required
- Perform lot-specific quantity take-offs to adjust budgets, and prepare accurate purchase orders used to order various construction materials
- Ensure all customer upgrade selections are correct and appropriately included in lot-specific budgets
- Provide estimating support for custom plans, new model and existing model re-designs, standard upgrade options, and other pricing exercises as required
- Audit complex work orders to ensure accuracy before production and installation
- Review and approve lot specific invoices and cross-reference against construction drawings, budgets, and pricing documentation for accuracy
- Facilitate various tender processes by conducting introductory conversations, requesting bid/quote documentation, and collecting compliance documents
- Maintain an accurate and clean pricing and vendor database within the Builder MT software system, making changes in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain organized filing systems across estimating and purchasing
- Ownership and maintenance of various construction schedule and vendor performance tracking tools
- Review, revise, and maintain estimating and purchasing policies, protocols, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance
- Degree/Diploma with a focus in any of the following areas: Estimating, Architectural Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- 1 – 3 years of relevant experience (experience within the new home building industry will be considered an asset)
- Experience in process management, problem solving, negotiations, and manufacturing best practices is considered an asset
- Experience performing accurate cost estimates and quantity take offs
- Ability to read working drawings and specifications
- Advanced communication skills with an ability to listen and respond to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Revit, Builder MT)
- Knowledge of Low-Rise Residential Construction and the Ontario Building Code (Part 9) is an asset
What’s in it for you:
- Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, full health benefits plan and lucrative bonus opportunity
- Tremendous exposure to the business and training opportunities to excel your career
- Our industry-leading vacation policy allows all team members four weeks of paid vacation after their first year of employment
Having trouble applying online? Email email@example.com with the subject line (job title)(first name)(last name), and your resume & cover letter.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Those who offer the specific combination of experience and credentials most suitable to our requirements will be contacted.
Fusion Homes welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.