Fusion Homes is searching for an experienced and quality-focused Construction Professional that has experience working hands-on in the construction industry and has a passion and knowledge of Health and Safety management.
In this hands-on construction role, the Construction Professional & Safety Lead will support and champion Fusion Homes’ Health and Safety performance and culture. This position will support our various construction sites as an experienced Construction/Finishing Professional, in addition to spending half their time leading continuous improvement initiatives for the Construction team with a special focus on Health and Safety. Reporting to the Senior Manager – Operations, this role will assist in monitoring our construction sites, ensuring compliance with government regulations, and company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
Heath and Safety:
- Assist in the development, revision, and maintenance of policies, procedures, forms, and documents related to Fusion Homes’ Health and Safety program.
- Perform regular inspections of all construction sites; ensuring that all compliance is met – identifying and rectifying any unsafe working conditions.
- Supervise Sub-Contractors to ensure Fusion Homes’ safety policies are being adhered to. Issuing warnings or fines where Sub-Contractors are non-compliant.
- Maintain positive relationships with trades, suppliers, and industry and regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate safety talks, site inspections, and other health and safety meetings as required.
- Follow-up on all injuries, near misses, and hazards; and work with the Senior Manager, Operations to review feedback and develop corrective actions.
- Lead Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC); organizing all required meetings – including agenda preparation, meeting minutes, and other documentation as required.
- Responsible for reporting and critical insights related to Health & Safety matters – including site inspections, injuries, near misses and hazards, and updates regarding safety requirements, MOL activities, and other relevant information.
- Health and Safety administration – including the maintenance and updating of site safety boards
- Continuous learning and research to ensure Fusion Homes Health and Safety program meets all industry and regulatory requirements are met.
- Expedite construction of Fusion Homes product to ensure industry leading quality and customer satisfaction utilizing Fusion Homes checklist system.
- Trouble shoot problems and determine appropriate solutions, bringing forward to the GM, Construction.
- Complete all required items on daily to-do lists as assigned by the GM, Construction.
- Mark out houses for Sub-Contractors (electrical, cabinets, plumbing etc.).
- Prepare homes for pre-delivery inspections and post pre-delivery inspection.
- Supervise Sub-Contractors, which includes answering questions and performing regular quality control on their workmanship.
- General maintenance of site including site cleanliness, material returns, organization of materials.
- Enforce trade cleanliness and ensure the home is provided to subsequent trade clean and without and safety issues.
- Post-secondary education (e.g., Construction Techniques, etc) preferred
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation, experience as a Health & Safety team lead or supervisor is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on residential construction experience (e.g., residential carpentry, framing, finishing)
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for safety excellence and taking initiative
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to generate recommendations for solutions
- Results-orientated professional with the ability to hold others accountable to high standards
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with diverse groups of people
- Certified member of JHSC, Working at Heights certification, and First Aid training are an asset
- Valid G Driver’s License
What’s in it for you:
- Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, full health benefits plan and lucrative bonus opportunity
- Construction vehicle, company phone, and all tools and equipment are provided
- Our industry-leading vacation policy allows all team members four weeks of paid vacation after their first year of employment
- Effective hands-on training program with tremendous opportunity for career growth
Having trouble applying online? Email email@example.com with the subject line Construction Professional & Safety Lead, and your resume & cover letter.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Those who offer the specific combination of experience and credentials most suitable to our requirements will be contacted.
Fusion Homes welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.