Fusion Homes is searching for an experienced, quality-focused carpentry professional to join our team as Construction Professional.
In this hands-on leadership role, you will be helping to set the tone on our sites while working alongside our trades to ensure our high-quality standards are being met. From back-framing to drywall you will have a chance to show off your construction skills contributing quality techniques through every step of construction.
As Construction Professional, you love to be hands-on and get dirty in the construction field – you are not one to sit back and watch others do the work! You have a strong work ethic matched with exceptional problem-solving skills and a remarkable focus on quality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Mark out houses for Sub-Contractors (electrical, cabinets, plumbing etc)
- Direct Sub-Contractors, which includes answering questions and performing regular quality control on their workmanship
- Complete all required items on daily to-do lists as assigned by the GM, Construction
- Build and install temporary stairs and guards for safety during construction
- Support GM, Construction in liaising with sub-contractors to ensure clear communication and decision-making
- Enforce trade cleanliness and ensure the home is provided to subsequent trade clean and without any safety issues
- General maintenance of site including site cleanliness, material returns, organization of materials
- Identify, rectify and/or report any unsafe working conditions
- Assist in training of health and safety procedures to junior staff
- Ensure sub-contractors adhere to Fusion Home’s safety standards and report/record any incidents
- Assist with training less experienced employees in construction techniques and Fusion procedures
- High School Diploma, post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on residential construction experience (e.g., residential carpentry, framing)
- Posses the skills necessary to complete hands-on construction activities
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment with a high level of sound judgment and reasoning
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Detail-oriented and results-focused
- Introductory knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
What’s in it for you:
- Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, full health benefits plan and lucrative bonus opportunity
- Construction vehicle, company phone, and all tools and equipment are provided
- Our industry-leading vacation policy allows all team members four weeks of paid vacation after their first year of employment
- Effective hands-on training program with tremendous opportunity for career growth
Having trouble applying online? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Finishing Professional, and your resume & cover letter.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Those who offer the specific combination of experience and credentials most suitable to our requirements will be contacted.
Fusion Homes welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.