The Vice President, Construction – High-Rise will lead the full development cycle of Fusion Homes’ residential and commercial properties through the selection and coordination of internal and external parties. The position will be responsible for assets in Toronto and Guelph and surrounding areas. They will sustain the highest standards of performance and quality with the implementation of effective building programs, project management disciplines, and quality assurance.
- Consistently espouse the core values of Fusion Homes:
- Do Great Work (Even When No One is Watching)
- Do or Do Not
- Aspire to High Achievement
- Get Better Every Day
- Enjoy the Ride
- Fusion United
- Act as a trusted ambassador for the High Rise team and Fusion Homes as a Company
- Ensure that all Fusion Homes employees and providers act in accordance with Fusion Homes’ cultural values
- Implement group performance programs, goals and measures consistent with the overall Company objectives
- Train and develop direct reports through effective and timely coaching and motivation (both during formal performance reviews and on an ad hoc basis)
- Conduct regular meetings with all direct reports
- Monitor all day-to-day activities and offer solutions and advice when necessary
- Build your team by assisting with the recruitment of professional team members
Strategic Plan & Project Work:
- Responsible for High Rise team strategies, key performance measures, and/or goals in support of the overall Corporate Strategic Plan
- Current items include:
- Establish High Rise goals that support the company growth strategy
- Direct the High Rise team including department operations, budgets, team development and oversight
- Establish & maintain strong relationships with external parties (builders, owners)
- Responsible for end-to-end project management from point of land development through completion of construction and registration
Design & Construction:
- Evaluate, select and liaise with all outsourced constructors, architects, engineers and designers
- Establish and monitor comprehensive development and construction timelines and project plans
- Partner with Finance to create project specific P&Ls
- Responsible for the construction of new communities on time and on budget
- Report on progress, performance and metrics to all project stakeholders
- Conduct problem analysis that anticipates and removes barriers to completion and mitigates risk to completion or quality
- Lead Quality Assurance, compliance and adherence to Ontario Building Code, related industry and Fusion Homes standards
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives, best practices in project management and construction techniques
- Drive schedules on all projects, budgets and cost controls that achieve maximum efficiency of resource utilization, materials and waste
- Lead cost-saving negotiations with outsourced providers and material suppliers
- Generate and implement innovations, solutions and practices that enhance the quality and differentiation of our products
- Facilitate the product design, scopes of work and tendering processes
- Maintain administrative, contractual, technical and financial records of all developments
- Interact with municipalities, approval agencies and authorities to secure project approvals (inclusive of registration)
- Review and comment on all related agreements to ensure provisions are met and integral to the final outcome, i.e., Official Plan, Zoning Bylaw, SDA’s, Municipal Infrastructure Agreements, Cost Sharing Agreements, Third Party Agreements, etc.
- 7 to 10 years of Construction Project Management experience
- On site high-rise construction experience
- Process minded
- Resilient and has the ability to recover from setbacks and cope effectively with stress
- Grit, perseverance and a passion for challenging long-term goals and for getting things done
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management, Planning, Engineering or related discipline
- Relevant educational areas: Construction Technology, Commercial Construction, Business, Economics, Operations Management, Leadership, Engineering (e.g., Certified Engineering Technologist)
- Project Management designation and/or ease and familiarity with relevant Project Management standards
- Proven track record to plan and execute projects on time and on budget
- Thorough and current knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Strong management capabilities with experience in managing people, department operations, managing budgets, and a track record of managing and growing a strong team.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Project Management (Microsoft Office Specialist [MOS] preferred)
- Ability to effectively read Floor Plans and Working Drawings (knowledge of Agreement of Purchase and Sale [APS] preferred)
- Expert Written and Verbal Communication skills
Interested? Apply here.
Having trouble applying online? Email email@example.com with the subject line (position title)(first name)(last name), and your resume & cover letter.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Those who offer the specific combination of experience and credentials most suitable to our requirements will be contacted.
Fusion Homes welcomes and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- None Found