We are in search of a business minded individual who has a passion for numbers! The Financial Controller will report directly to the Director of Finance and will be accountable for management and implementation of an effective accounting and finance function.
- Accountable for the implementation and maintenance of all aspects of an effective and efficient accounting and finance function, particularly: operating budget, management reporting, FP&A, general ledger, year-end audit process, and accounts payable
- Ownership/chair of the day-to-day accounting functions of the Finance Department, ensuring compliance with Canadian GAAP (including, but not limited to, accounts payable, review & approval of journal entries, review and approval of cheque printing, accrual entries, bank payments, month-end, tax filings and payments, etc.)
- Partner with Treasury Manager to ensure proper reporting and internal controls around all banking activity
- Lead the annual year-end review engagements and tax return activity
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for accurate consolidated financial and project reports
- Working with Director, Finance, to drive annual budgeting and forecast process for Low Rise, High Rise, Land Development
- Work with budget managers to review the budget to actual results, drive manager accountability
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial tax filing requirements
Who We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of financial management principles to direct organizational actions
- Sets organizational priorities by aligning organizational finances with strategic goals
- Monitors the overall performance of the organization and adjusts the allocation of finances based on progress against goals
- Analyzes situations and applies critical reasoning and innovation focused activities and processes in order to resolve problems
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills while considering the big picture and impact on results (balance customer with financial profitability)
- Driver for results. (Hard worker – goes the extra mile)
- Manages well under pressure and deals with ambiguity
- Strong relationship builder and highly collaborative
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree and Accounting Designation (CPA).
- 5-7 years of progressive and related work experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge (experience with Sage 300 or similar software is an asset)
- Strong understanding and ability to implement effective internal controls
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Interested? Apply here.
Having trouble applying online? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line (position title)(first name)(last name), and your resume & cover letter.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Those who offer the specific combination of experience and credentials most suitable to our requirements will be contacted.
Fusion Homes welcomes and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- None Found