The Director, Purchasing & Estimating you will be responsible for purchasing and estimating operations and the teams’ execution of all strategies listed on the corporate strategic plan. Areas of responsibility include: procurement/purchasing, estimating, and any processes, reports, results related to these areas of the business. You will establish and monitor deadlines and manage the production and project standards for the department. The Director, P&E is responsible for making recommendations and developing and executing on strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. You will be accountable for department KPIs and evaluating past performance data to forecast needs and production levels. Ensuring that issues regarding new and/or existing products are resolved in a timely and cost-efficient manner. You will be required to interact with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all requirements are being met and positive relationships are maintained. The Director, P&E will lead and direct the work of others.
Procurement & Estimating:
- Oversee/manage the Estimating function; which includes:
- Base model take-offs, quote requests and estimates, custom plan quote requests, lot-specific take-offs, material orders and deliveries, bid sheets and cost comparisons, invoice accuracy to base model, invoice review variance tagging and accuracy
- Oversee/manage the Purchasing function; which includes:
- Pricing, inventory planning, purchasing of materials, sourcing and selection of vendors, new product testing, monitoring COG’s and CPI, etc…
- Compare job-related invoices against orders for accuracy in quantities/quality and return all documents to
- Ensure adherence to shipping/receiving procedures for all orders submitted
- Manage and report on waste
- Bid sheet updates, scope changes to reduce variances
Negotiating & Pricing:
- Negotiate all annual pricing agreements as well as new supplier/sub trade contracts and all one-off pricing to achieve targets set for profitability and margins while ensuring quality standards are met (or exceeded)
- Accountable for escalated and/or complex negotiations
- Develop, improve, and maintain, processes pertaining to purchasing and estimating operations
- Drive the development and implementation of a purchase order system and a materials management system
- Assist in the implementation of new software and the continual development thereafter
- Create and maintain organized filing systems
- Sub-Trade & Supplier Relations:
- Source & hire the sub-trades which are necessary to achieve the production forecast and corporate goals
- Liaise with external suppliers for new and existing products
- Responsible for sub-trade & supplier relations and issue resolution
- Communicate with site, outside vendors, city officials, and head office on a regular basis
- Internal Stakeholder Relations:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key Fusion Homes stakeholders
- Regular, consistent, and meaningful touch points with site teams and General Managers of Construction\
- Planning & logistics
- New product testing
Interested? Apply here.
Having trouble applying online? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line (position title)(first name)(last name), and your resume & cover letter.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Those who offer the specific combination of experience and credentials most suitable to our requirements will be contacted.
Fusion Homes welcomes and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. We are committed to providing accommodations, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- None Found