Nothing adds to your home’s curb appeal like great landscaping, and nothing can take away from it like bad landscaping! Avoid these landscaping mistakes so you don’t have to spend money fixing them.
- Make sure your plants, flowers and shrubs have plenty of room to grow without crowding one another; find out how large each one will grow in advance
- Don’t let weeds get out of control; spray herbicides early on in the season, before weeds start to overrun your greenery and patio
- If you live in an area that has deer or rabbit problems, consider selecting plants and shrubs that are resistant to these critters
- Invest in landscaping that looks good all year round, not just in the spring and summer; plant varieties of flowers and foliage that add colour during different seasons and get evergreens for some winter greenery
- Mulch is great for keeping your soil moist and weeds at bay, but too much can cause root rot and kill trees and other plants
Check out the Fusion Homes’ blog for more great homeowner and design tips!